11/20/11

Some Important Principles of Getting Dress


These days, I am looking in the principles of how women getting dress. I read several books about fashion and women's lives, and watched some teaching video by Trinny & Susannah, which was recommended by Mhairi.

By the video of T&S, I learn that maybe to most important thing of getting dressing is to know your body, to find the clothes according your body shape. It's suggested that we should stand in front of the mirror, look carefully and find out our body type.

As for body shape, I find a website named style-makeover-hq ,which gives fantastic information about the relation of body shape and dress style.

Another thing that matters is social expectations, which we my also call dress for the occasions and personal status. A skirt suitable to ball may not be a good idea for going to club with you.

Personal preference is of course important too. Everyone have their own idea about style, their color and their design.

At last, color is an powerful thing for the dress style. Different color has different mood and influence. And as Trinny said, there are certain pattern for people of difference body shape to follow.

There are certainly many other principles for getting dress, but as the time is limited, the body shape, occasion, color and personal preference are the elements I will really consider in my visualisation project, and I talk about them individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment