11/22/11

The Story of Cinderella

Cinderella Pumpkin Carriage
Once I was talking with Brian about my project, he gave me a good idea of digging into different versions of the story of Cinderella, and so I did.


First I watch some movie of Cinderella. One of them is Cinderella 1950 produced by Disney. I dont think much of this version, cause it pays too much attention to the mouses and the cat, which make me loose my patience. Another is Cinderella III A Twist in Time, also produced by Disney in 2007,  which post a question that if the slippers didn't fit Cinderella? Will the prince still fall in love with her? It's some kind of interesting that it make you really consider about the importance of the dressing to a woman.

Then I interviewed people from different country about their idea of Cinderella, this including friends from UK, New Zealand, China and so on. And found that most people learn about the story from the Disney movie, which means people have a similar concept of this story. When ask the question that Why do you think Cinderella wanted to go to the ball? Most of them thought it's because she wanted to meet the prince, or she was curious about the ball, or she wanted a change of her life.

I also read some books of Cinderella. Most children's books of the story are really simple and short, but one of them impressed me a lot. It's Cinderella told by C.S.Evans. The writer enriches the story with imagination of the detail, such as what people think in certain moments, but that means he also changes the story a lot. Anyway, it's funny to hear something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment